Point Table with Secondary Coordinate System - Drafting

Is it possible to create a point table with the legend that shows the local system as a second coordinate system?
Which will automatically update/convert the data to the secondary system

The client has asked for a point table which will show both New Zealand transverse Mercator (NZTM2000 ) & Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM)

Primary System
New Zealand transverse Mercator (NZTM2000 ) Displaying:- Point Number, Easting, Northing, Level

Secondary System
Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) ) Displaying:- Point Number, Easting, Northing, Level

It would be possible i think to do that as a calculation and write the data to a table - it could be refreshed using the command - I don’t think it could be automatic / dynamic because TBC only has one live coordinate system - but a command could be written to do this - it is not however a high priority for us right now as we are trying to focus in on some specific areas for a few months once we have cleared our project backlog.

Maybe we can look at this later in the year

Alan

Thanks, Alan

Thought that would be the case, was just looking for a quick work around

You can run the point details report once with each coord system in TBC (you could output the points as a VCL and load into a second project with the 2nd coord system and create a point table and then export the point table to vcl and import it back into the first project - you may be able to explode the table - if not you probably have to export as dwg to break the smarts - then you can delete the parts of the table you don’t want and merge the table with a similar table in project 1 using the first coordinate system

It will get the job done I guess just not a pretty workflow

Alan

You always have a workaround

Topman