TIFF Import / Translation / Export

@alan.sharp Is there any way to import, translate and export a TIFF ?

I have some Aerial Mosaics of a flood area in our National Mapping Grid (NZTM) from external source and want them in our local State Coordinate System
I can:
a) Import these *.tif ’ s into TBC
b) Translate by your Geo_reference Image technique and calculated points (I’d prefer the Change Coordinate System method if that were possible)

BUT then
c) How do I export these *.Tif 's in the same Quality as the original but in the translated to re-import into another TBC job (and for others to use in other software)

I see you make a comment in Orthomosaic Tiff Export (Feb 9) that you were working on a solution?

And preferably as a combined Tiff

BTW there is also a an associated *.las file (this converts ok by just changing Coordinate Systems)

Thanks,

John
7122 GDC NZTM Aerials.zip (927.8 MB)

What is the local state coordinate system?

Once I know that I will work out the best process for you

Alan

Hi Alan,

In this NZGD2000 Poverty Bay

From NZGD2000 NZTM

TBC has a secret command that can export geo referenced tiffs with a reference file for geo locating the tiff. I use it a lot for design drawings that i reference in tbc then export to use in trimble access. I dont think it is supported by tbc anymore so use at own risk. Press F12 and type in “writeworldfile” and it will export out. It wont show up in the list as recognised command but if you type it correctly, nothing happens, if its wrong it will say unknown command ironically.

More details here:

1 Like

Little trick that works slick. You can create a command so then you can assign a shortcut key to this, I did ctrl+w.

1 Like

Thanks Shaune & Pat,
That is only an exporter of a tif (format would be ok)

BUT I still want to import multiple GeoTiffs, combine (& crop if possible), translate and then export,.

It looks like Global Mapper might be the only software I can currently find that’ll do this,