Small Daily Tips

Never ending hiding tips. I just found out typing “ down or up “ to do a 90 degree slope. I had to do a vertical 90 to tie into extisting ground so i could create a wire wall 1.0’ below existing ground.

2 Likes

Recently I have been export more linework to Google Earth for the project team. Which before I would use My Maps (sister maps for Google Maps) to export from TBC. I have noticed that My Maps has bold lines and GE has thin lines. I have been able to do a combine geometry property of the lines inside GE and do a combine line width change. That would also change the color of all the lines to one color. Making it tricky to see what is what without knowing where your at on the project.
So, I started digging to find how to change the line width without changing the colors. I found a way to use the KML script to change the width. I attached a write up on achieving this. FYI, you can not use the KML that is sent out from TBC as it does not have the wording in the script to change the width. For now, I have only found a way by importing the KML into My Maps and exporting as a KML. Then the script has the wording width.
TBC to Google Earth Lineweight.pdf (5.5 MB)