Multiple elevate lines with "elevate at intesection", possible?

Hi all!

Actually i am pretty sure there is a easy solution for this but i cant figure it out, i dont think trimble has missed that people want to do this. I have pasted a screenshot here to explain what i mean.

I have a line for a sewage and a waterpipe ith the center of a street. To this pipes i have connecting pipes wich is from houses beside the street. The sewage line has a slope between the manholes wich changes. All lines connecting to the sewer lines has a slope with 0.5% to the house. This is easy to do line by line when just taking the height at the connection and then use incoming slope to get the elevation at the end. BUT, i dont want to do this for every line, i want to copy the pair and just move along the line. When i do that the verical ā€œincoming slopeā€ disapears and of course i only get the elevation at the connecting and from the copied line and not my insertion point. How can i do this? or maybe i cant.

Next thing is that if have 30 of thees connections to houses and i change the slope of the sewage in the center of the street, then all of the connected lines has the wrong elevation. Is there any way to change all of this lines in the same time so they take the new elevation from the line? And of course, dont remove my ā€œincoming slopeā€ at the end of them.

Have a nive day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like the vertical design tool would do this for you - you have your main line and that is elevated and then you have your sewer laterals that have an elevation at the connection point on the main line (use the connector rule for that to connect the main line elevation to the lateral at the connection point) and a grade slope of 0.5% towards the house to the point where you add the house connector - that sets the elevation there so you then know your bend and Vertical Up Pipe to connect into the house itself.
If you change the slope / elevation of the main line, the connections to the laterals update automatically and the elevation at the house connector will be recomputed as a result

This is a great use case for the Vertical Design Tool in TBC.

I will do a video this afternoon for you

Alan

Alan

6 Likes

Of course, i totally forgot about vertical tool. That was a gamechanger, thanks for the reminder! :).

1 Like

Glad to help Fred - this is actually a really good use of the Vertical Design Tool - glad you raised it as an issue

Alan

1 Like