Corridor Layer Output

RPS Community,

I think it would be cool if after you built and exploded a corridor you could run a command that looked at the separated linework’s name and moved it to a predefined Layer.

Example you explode the corridor and have say 68 lines on layer FG Model(Finish). Run the command and it takes all of you EP_RT and EP_LT and moves them to Layer FG-EP.

Thanks,

Dave

1 Like

The newest version of TBC should have a second option to create 3D lines from the corridor.

I still second using the SIDESLOPE command. I get to name my lines as I build my SIDESLOPE”corridor” and when I explode they are still named!

Francisco,

Interesting. What benefits does side slope offer over corridors? I have used side slopes very little.

Benifits depending on what you what out of your design. You get 3D linestring instread of the corridor creating a Surface. The 3D lines you can once you get intersection done you can trim lines and adjust elevations to match. Then also you can use those 3D lines to export for the field crews to use for layout/offsets. Once you create and finish the design. you will have to explode the sideslope/template. after it gets exploded those newly created lines will be highlighted “ DONOT UNSELECT THOSE LINES” while they are highlighted relayer those lines, as they will be undependant from the Side Slope.

before

after

TBC did this years ago. Sounds like you need to update your license.

I know this has been added. I not been authorized to update. Will see on the next project if I can get a PO for an update.

1 Like

Have you tried our name by layer / layer by name command that should do that for you - you set up.a mapping file and then apply it to selected lines.

Alan

1 Like

I did not know this existed, but it sounds exactly like what I was hoping for.