Window opening edges

Hello,

I need to draw the edges of window openings. Do you know a good method? The lines in the picture represent planes. I need to determine the intersection of 3 planes (red, green, yellow). I found Ronny’s “Intersect Surfaces” (thanks for that), but it’s only good if the planes intersect and it’s creating too many segments for me. Also, I can only intersect two surfaces. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any reaction.

are you using a scan? if so, have you tried to use the extract tools in point cloud tab? Extract “Curb” can be useful but you’ll have to play with it some. You can also draft to the station view…which can, at times, can be a better approach to define scan features than using the cloud. you could also filter - sample intensity to weed out some of the cloud and define your features from that

There is also extract geometry but i haven’t used to date and the help topic lacks any depth

What about looking at the TBC module “Buildings” from memory there may have been an automated routine in there

There is an interior extraction routine for classified point cloud regions. Never used it but John might be on to something…Extract Classified Point Cloud Regions > Classification Type > Interior

Reading the help topic on extract geometry, it seems if you create a shape, the cloud will be scanned for similar geometry and extract. Again, never used it - don’t know how friendly it will be

Also, cutting planes are your friend in point clouds :slightly_smiling_face: and you can draft in them

There is also a package of tools from German Company that writes macros for TBC that does a lot of Building Data Extraction from Point Clouds and I know that does a lot of work with Window openings - the persons name is Fernando Calvo email: calvo@calvo-geospatial.com he is probably the best person to assist you

Alan