Viewing VPI in plan view

I get a lot of surfaces from other companies seeing we are a paving sub. Almost all the time changes need to be made for the paving, so I always check everything before going out. Is there a way to display all the VPIs on linework without selecting a single line at a time and going to edit? It would save a huge amount of time to see all the edge of pavement VPIs at once for easy comparing of grade.

You can create points at the VPI’s using the Rockpile command " Point Creator". You would have to create a new point style to only have the VPI be created. Awesome tool. Although, once a surface is create. There is no VPI. All the lines are just segments. You can see the name of my style"Hi/Lo" This was so I can create the hi/lo elevations along a line. which you can also find the hi and lo elevations of a line.

That is located under Project Setting (F9).

Open Project Settings, go to View, Display Options and at the bottom will be Line labels. Both os these options default to Hide. Change Vertical points of intersection to Show and hit OK. This will show all of the VPI’s in the project.

You can also turn on the Line Markers for Vertical points of intersections as well. That options is above the Line labels.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Tom
There is also a command called Filter Line Markings - it is possible that that is active in your project - if you are using our Menu configuration you will find the command on CTRL F - if not open the command pane and type in Filterlinemarking and you should see the command

You may want to do the following
Make sure that you have nothing selected by clicking in free space somewhere in the plan view
Use CTRL F or F12 and Fliterlinemarking and it will pop up the dialog to make a selection - just say OK and then Filter line marking will be cleared.

The filter line marking allows you to show the VPI / Elevations along just selected lines and it overrides the Show Line Markings On / Off Toggle at the base of your screen when it is activated on one or more lines. Normally if you turn line markings on all lines of the project it can be a little overwhelming to see blue text on all the elevations especially when you zoom out a bit - so I tend to use Filter Line Marking to highlight the lines I want to review by selecting the two or three lines and click CTRL F or F12 FilterlineMarking and that then shows the line markings for just the selected lines

Check your project Settings - View - Display Options to make sure that the Max Line objects to show markers is set to a number higher than the number of lines that are likely to exist in your projects e.g. 100000 - if it is set to e.g. 50 and you have more than 50 lines that are 3D in your project the show line markings function will not work as it will not know which lines to show markings for - this is where the Filter Line Marking command comes into play.

The video at this link explains all of the above in more details.

Click Here

1 Like