Using Imported Plotboxes as Dynaviews

I am trying to produce asbuilt drawings that line up with plan sheets. The CAD files that I get come with the defined viewports that the engineers used. Is there a way to use these existing CAD polyline boxes as my dynaview collection?

Steven
Not directly but you can do one of the following

You can create a set of custom sheets in a sheet set and then use each box as a dynaview frame and then lay out one dynaview per ustom sheet - that would work but there is no qui k way to create 30 custom sheets other than dto create them one at a time

Alternately

I dont know of a way to make a dynaview collection out of a set of predefined boxes - you can maybe do it using Edit Dynaview collection - i would have to try that - failing that if you can determine the width and height of those boxes innthe sheet view at a plot scale that works to place each onneg an 11x17 sheet you can create a dynaview collection and then move the created boxes into the same positions and then you can add those to a sheet set defined as plan grid and then build the sheets

These tjings have come up a few times recently and i will see if we can do something to automate at some point

Auto create a number of custom sheets in a custom sheet set eg I want 240 Monument sheets or this example

Create a dynaview collection from a number of predefined boxes - i will see if this is possible later today.

Alan

2 Likes