Training video playback speed

With the old “Retrieve” system, it allowed you to change playback speed from .5x-2x. Would really like to be able to do the same with the new “MyAbsorb” system if possible.

3 Likes

I agree! 100 Percent!

1 Like

Do you want it slower or faster?

Alan

Faster, x1.25/x1.5/x1.75 all got used on the old system depending on who was presenting.

We have raised the issue with the Absorb Vendor and they have logged the issue in their system - it is open to their user community voting system and we have voted for them to take care of this - we will wait and see if they implement the requested feature. Until they do, I apologize but there is nothing more we can do at this stage other than wait and hope that they take care of it for you.

Alan

1 Like

Has there been any movement on this request with Absorb? We really would like to speed up the playback when needed. Thank you

2 Likes

I have not seen anything from Absorb that indicates that they will / will not take care of the request - the requests get queued and voted on by their user community and they say that they implement those that get the highest priorities.

I have another request in at Absorb so hope to be talking to them about that soon, I will raise this question again at that time and see if I can elicit a response

Alan

2 Likes

At the Absorb Ideas Portal, Idea LMS-I-39 [Allow for Additional Playback Speeds in the Video | Absorb Ideas], the admin indicates this is available in the November 2022 release and that Admins (of the customer that is posting content) can configure this at each lesson video. It sounds like some users of the Absorb LMS platform are providing training videos for certifications and they cannot have the content sped up for compliance reasons, but RPS videos do not require this. Can you see if the RPS admin can go into existing lessons and enable playback speed?

1 Like

I talked to Absorb support today about this. There is a way to have this function on the video playback, however the current way they have that route of setting up a class does not support the ability to Timestamp videos. I was told this is not the first time someone has brought this to their attention. I have sent an email to their Dev team. Hopefully they will get something done with this.

4 Likes