TBC v5.70.1 Released today - July 25 2022

The patch for TBC v5.70 released today - here are the version details.

I have just installed it using Check for updates and so far all looks good - I haven’t tried much yet but the snaps to 3D lines in Plan View are now working again and the implementation of a Snap Mode for PDF Vector Snaps is a big improvement over 5.70. For those of you still digitizing sections -that function is working again now and the Surface to Surface Volumes calculations are working again. All is good in the TBC world - The force is strong in this one!

Alan

2 Likes

Well, let’s ROCK this version.

https://community.trimble.com/viewdocument/tbc-5701-patch-notes?CommunityKey=d961b046-1661-40f3-8d7e-0bde6866a14d&tab=librarydocuments

Important Note! This version of Trimble Business Center is available to users whose current warranty expiration date (perpetual license users) or subscription expiry date (subscription license users) is June 1, 2022 or later. If your warranty or subscription expires prior to this date and you proceed with the installation, licensed features will not be available. You can contact your distributor to purchase a warranty extension or renew your subscription. In the TBC ribbon, select Support > License Manager to verify your warranty or subscription expiration date.

New features

 General:

• Snap mode for vector PDF nodes - When you enable node snapping in an imported vector PDF, you can now turn the function on/off with the other running snap modes (by checking the Vector PDF nodes box in the Running Snap Mode Options dialog).

 Mobile Mapping:

• View synchronization - When you rotate the Panoramic View, TBC synchronizes the 3D View with the Panoramic View (orientation, position, zoom level, and field of view are kept). Rotate and zoom in or out in each planar view.
  • Region of Interest - You can now use the Esc button to escape from picking when defining the Length, Width and Step values.

Fixed bugs

Survey:

• When you created a local site in TBC and saved it to the Coordinate System Database, the Local Site Properties > Vertical Adjustment pane was displaying correct slope distances but the values were mislabeled as “ppm”.
  • Parcels imported from LandXML files might not have included parcel names.
  • LAS files imported into ArcGIS Pro from TBC were sometimes not positioned in the correct geographic location.

Construction:

• Takeoff Reports with AOIs that included overexcavation areas calculated entire isopach volume quantities (which should have been zero) when one of the AOIs did not have the overexcavation within its boundary.
  • The Surface Information Report did not include any values.
  • You could not import a DWG file; an import error message was shown and no data was imported.
  • When using Shrink Wrap, elevations from crossing or intersecting lines were not honored in the created line.
  • You encountered problems when digitizing cross-sections associated with station equations using a colon (’:’) operator in the format (e.g., 1795+96.75:3).
  • The Digitize Cross-Section command would either not open or throw an error message.
  • When digitizing a cross-section, the displayed slope (click-and-hold a node) showed a value 10x the actual slope value (e.g., 1.25% was shown as 12.54%).
  • The Earthwork Report was missing multiple area and volume rows.
  • Elevation data was not being extracted from linestrings when using the End Point Snap.
  • CAD objects would not snap to other objects when the Turn on CAD Grips option was enabled.
  • The Area/Length/Count Report did not include layer details.
  • Work order data did not display in the Work Order Viewer.
  • You got an exception/error message when:
    • Repeatedly clicking on a previously imported file name in the Import command pane (with the Close command after import box checked).
    • You moved a pipe to a different run and then selected the empty run to delete it.
    • You closed the Digitize Cross-Section dialog by clicking [X] instead of Cancel.
    • You hovered the cursor over a CAD spline.

Mobile Mapping:

•  When working with Region of Interest, the step value did not change correctly when tabbing out of the field.
  •  Scan visibility in the Run View incorrectly applied the custom view filter.
  •  Camera 4 calibration values did not have the correct sign when exported from an existing project.
  •  The trajectory height was not correct for the local Beijing datum.
  •  Camera markers in the side views did not react and move when you clicked on them.
1 Like

Have you also tried the Earthwork Repot > Stockpile/Depression?

I was getting a blank for volumes but Areas etc. was OK.

I am not able to upload attachments yet.

What extension does the file have that you are trying to upload - I can check that against our permitted file extension list.

I am not sure on what the issue is - I know thatbthe forum has a rule set that provides a growing level of trust on people that participate and it could be that you have not passed the trust level yet that allows you to upload files

I will see if there is anything I can do about that - the trust levels are based on number of forum logins and interactions of different types that you have and I don’t know if I can override those.

Alan

I just increased your trust level by 1 to Member from basic status - basic had the following abilities

Basic

This badge is granted when you reach trust level 1. Thanks for sticking around and reading a few topics to learn what our community is about. New user restrictions have been lifted; you’ve been granted all essential community abilities, such as personal messaging, flagging, wiki editing, and the ability to post multiple images and links.

The new trust level provides some increased ability - looking for the description of that - maybe now you can upload a file.

Seem to be having issues with geo referencing vector PDFS on an old project. Anyone else?
Seems to be hit or miss within my existing projects *edit

Thanks.

By the way, the "Earthwork Report >Stockpile / Depression " is resolved in TBC 5.70.1.

But, you need to do a “Clean Install” of TBC 5.70.1 to get these results.