Station - Offset Point?

Using the “station offset point” command a lot on my current project. One - I am finding that the point list in the project explorer does not update unless i close out of the project. Is there a way to get the list to update with each added point? Two - I know these are not actual point. What can I do to have these points exported to Google earth. For now I only have point that I am creating and just wanted to see their location in Google Earth. They are not exportable.

Try placing blocks on points and then explode them and export the lines - that should work

Place aligned blocks can do this - if you dont have an alignment just draw a north south line across the site and use that as the reference line.

Alan

my thought was to add point symbols than explode. if symbols can be exploded. if not, blocks it is which i dont think can do multiple objects at one time.
Is there a reason why the point list does not update when using the RPS station offset command?

I imported an SPJ file from Siteworks and created a plan using my FXL file - I then used place aligned blocks to place a block on all points and then I used Explode to explode them. I then exported to Google Earth and I get the Points, the lines and the line markers as well as the exploded blocks

Takes 2 minutes tops!

Alan

I have tried the Station Offset Points - Latest Version and it appears to add the Points to the Point List automatically as the point is created - I see them happen as I add them.

Not sure why you are seeing a different behavior.

Try adding a point number 999999 and it should end up at the base of the list - I am using Absolute mode and I am not creating dependent points.

Dependent Points are not the same as points - they are stored as Station and Offset values and an alignment reference not as Grid / Grid Only Coordinates - that is maybe why you are not seeing them added to the Point List as they are not “Points” they are “Dependent Points”

I will ask Trimble if that is an oversight on their side or not.

Alan

RPS place blocks work to add multiple blocks on multiple points. i just did the connect points command to create linestring from points. i will miss around with the block and export
I did have dependent option on. (must be default setting) turned that off and points are populated to the list automatically.

thank you once again A.S.

it was great when it was dependent points. quick change of station or offset to make corrections.