Site Modeling Edition

The Site Modeling Edition adds the following commands to what is provided in the Survey Advanced Edition

Site Modeling Module

Hi,
**I’m about to purchase TBC. I was wondering what would be the benefits of having site modelling version over survey advanced? No one from the dealer can give me proper answer.

I know we have available tools as below:
Data Prep Tools - I got it
**Elevate Contours, Pads, + Lines **
Machine Data Tools ???
**Map Layers **
**Project Cleanup Tools **
**Surface Site Improvements **
**Variable Offset Lines **
**Vertical Design Tools **
-------
I’m interested in machine control, asked already questions to dealer but got short answer like: ''Machine data tools get the data from WorksOS to TBC using a connector ‘’…
Connector? What connector?

If I have to have WorksOS, is this have to be linked with TBC? Can I not send surfaces manually into WorksOS?
Whats the main benefits of having Site Modelling version?

Thanks
SK

I will post a detailed analysis of the differences between the two versions of TBC you asked about.

As far as I know the machime data workflows are all included in the Survey advanced edition. The main difference between the Site Modeling and Survey Advanced Editions are the automated Elevate tools. In Survey advanced you can edit lines to add elevations one by one and you can elevate contours one by one - there is no automation for large numbers of points, lines or contours. The Site Modeling gives you automated tools for elevating points, linework and polygons in different ways that saves you time and cost vs manual processes.

To get data to machines you can

1. export files and then copy to USB and then take a stick to the field
  2. export files to Works Manager and have works manager deliver the files to.machines via cellular / wifi automatically when they show up on site
  3. same for data coming back from machines

There are Works Manager connectors in TBC that allow you to write data to Works Manager directly - not sure if there is any import feom Works Manager.

There are some Machine Data Tools in TBC that let you mine production data in the formmof point clouds feom.Works Manager - machines capture data while working and send that back to Works Manager. WORKS manager aggregates all the data feom all machines and builds a production model that can be mined for surfaces any time ie give me a surface on Friday 7th July at 5pm. There are also other queries for Compaction or point data and cur fill maps etc you can also use.

To use Works Manager you need a license also for Works Manager and a subscription for each supported machine.

Hope this helps

Alan

Perfect - thank you Alan!
That will do for now. So far, no one else could explain me this.

Temporarily I would go for Survey Advanced purchase then (as can update this to higher version any time I’ve been told), but if you would find some time and could put some more info… :slight_smile: Thank you anyway for the all above.

I was under impression that by not having surface modelling edition I won’t be able to produce data for machine control. In the mean time I will do my own research as well.

Regards
Sly

Here is what the difference was at the last version of a document that I have from my Trimble Days

Apply Surface Site Improvement
Create Points from Spot Elevations
Create Subgrade Surface
Create Uncompacted PCS Surface
Elevate Contour
Elevate Contours by Crossing
Elevate Contours by Label
Elevate Lines
Elevate Pads
Map Layers
Project Cleanup
Variable Offset Line

The above commands are in Site Modeling and that is what drives the cost differential to Survey Advanced

I am asking for an updated version of this doc to see if I can get the updated one for v5.90

Alan

I think this is what you’re looking for Alan.

022516-634C_TBC_WorkflowMatrix_Editions_Modules_USL_0523_LR.pdf (437.7 KB)
022516-650B_TBC_Subscriptions_WorkflowMatrix_USL_0523_LR.pdf (155.6 KB)

Brian Lee