Screen refresh rates

All,

I am having to get a new PC and I have been reading through a lot of the posts about CPU GPU RAM and such. I Think I got that all figured out but I am hung up on the display. I use a lot of point cloud data and high res photos. I also do a lot of corridor work and site design and drafting. I was thinking of going 4k on a 38"-40" curved screen but I notice a pretty good price hit when you start talking about refresh rates. How important is the refresh rate in TBC? One more question. If I am reading things correctly the 4090 nivida cards are just as good as the Quadro’s and a lot cheaper correct?

Thanks, Ben

Ben
I have seen little difference in TBC use or performance with different Refresh Rates - I have a large curve Dell Monitor and it is awesome but not the highest Refresh Rate - we purchased two high refresh rate curved monitors for trade shows of the same size and you don’t really see any discernible difference with those using TBC - I worked one of those all week at Dimensions and nothing jumped out at me to say that they were better than my large Dell Monitor - but to be honest 0 the Dell Monitor and those monitors were similarly priced.

Shane may be able to comment on the different Graphics Cards better than I can - I can only read specs and comment on those a I have no first hand experience of the different graphics Cards - most of the Nvidia Cards will work well with TBC- I have a Quadro on my Laptop and a different model on my Desktop and both work well in general - again I don’t see any real difference - my desktop has more Graphics Memory and performs better because of that primarily is my guess.

Alan

1 Like