RPS Games 2021 - Who Is The Top RPS User?

As we near the end of Q3 we are rounding the corner into the Home Straight to identify the RPS User of the Year. The winners will get some RPS Swag for Christmas - The winners will be the RPS Users that runs the most of our commands by the time we get to Dec 15th.

There will be two categories for the winner of this Prestigious Award

The User that uses the greatest number of different commands the most number of times in Q4 - i.e. Here we are looking for users that have learnt and adopted the greatest number of our commands in their daily workflows

The User that uses the commands available the greatest number of times in Q4 - this is just a single number competition - the highest number wins

We know that some of our commands have become complete work process commands that you run once and can effectively live in for hours - tools like Smart Join, Takeoff Lines and Geometric Selection - we have a weighting factor built in to the calculations for this to compensate those users using these prestigious commands in our portfolio.

There will be checks against “gaming the system” - so if you run the same commands over and over with seconds between running, just to bias your numbers so you can win the Swag - you will be docked points in your totals - so Play Fair

We will start to publish the Top 20 Leader Board in October so you know where you are at - we know a lot of you are Gamers so if you want your names kept secret please email me your Handle (alan.sharp@rockpilesolutions.com) so we publish that not your real name so only you know where you are on the leader board.

Let the Competition Begin - Punch those keys, Click Those Clicks, Rattle off those Takeoffs and get those 3D Models on those Machines

And Yes - I am not allowed to compete with Y’All because I would Smoke Ya!

Let the Games Commence - the first RPS Games

4 Likes

Does this swag come in a size 4xl or I should I not even bother writing the command usage script? lol

2 Likes

We will make sure that we have some swag in 4XL if you win Wayne - I will do a special order as needed if the prize is in fact clothing - still working on the Swag Pack

We will take good care of you- be sure of that

Alan

1 Like

RPS Games - Top 10 Leader Board on Nov 22 2021

Laceman
AB
JT
VV
LP
Moose_3DSW
RS
DW
CG
PL
BU

Laceman is stretching his lead currently and is going to be tough to catch

Initials provided for those that don’t have a Handle Yet - send your handles to alan.sharp@rockpilesolutions.com

1 Like

RPS Games - Leader Board on Nov 29 2021

The competition is heating up now as Laceman comes under stiff pressure from other contenders his lead is narrowing as we enter the final weeks of the competition - Here is todays Leader Board

Laceman
AB
JT
VV
PL
Moose_3DSW
LP
RS
DW
CG

Keep up the clicking and pointing guys and gals!

Alan

2 Likes

The RPS Games 2021 results are in

The top RPS User over the competition period was

Steve “Laceman” Lacey from WW Clyde in Utah

Steve started working with RPS Tools in mid year 2021 and has rapidly become a highly active user of the tools in his daily work processes. Steve is a project survey manager and 3D modeler, running Trimble equipment on his bases, rovers, total stations and machine control systems. Congrats Steve - we will be in touch shortly to size you up for the Swag items we will be sending your way.

Steve was pushed to the line by

Adam Bower of AB Civil Consulting in Tennessee

Joseph Torres from CSG Consulting in Sweden

Adam and Joe have both been RPS users pretty much since we started the Rockpile Solutions business in 2020 and are both great TBC users doing many interesting projects.

Adam is a 3D model builder / consultant providing 3D modeling services to the North American market.

Joe provides high end surveying services to the Swedish market including the building of site and highway project models and advanced utility models.

A highly commended 4th place goes to

Logan Patterson from Emery Sapp & Sons (ESS) in Missouri

Logan is a 3D modeler for ESS and provides modeling support to his district. We started to work with the ESS team late in 2020 and they have a bunch of great people knocking out TBC models for both Trimble and Leica Stringless Paver systems .

Thank you everyone for your support of the first RPS Games - next years event will be bigger and better and we look forward to having an even larger user group to compete for the prixe of Top RP{S Users for 2022!

Happy New Year

Alan

5 Likes