Rotate Plan View Quirks

The new rotate plan view is awesome but I am finding a few quirks. Wanted to make a list in efforts that maybe these can get addressed:

• Ortho snaps do not adjust to the rotation of plan view. This woudl be helpful for drafting
  • Georeferenced Image - Clipping boundary - No way to set the rotation to match up with the pdf sheet
    *Create Rectangle - Does not adjust to the rotate plan view ( albeit one can use a three point rectangle)
    *I ran into some issues when creating a dynaview collection with the view rotated and linking to a sheet set. I had to reset the view (or create another plan view that defaults to normal orientation) then cerate dynaview collection set.
1 Like

Drafting in general might be tough because you cannot input in @x,@x and have it respective to the rotation view you are using.

I feel like a north arrow would be useful especially when using bearing within commands. I was zoomed in and grabbed a bearing snap but didn’t know which way was north or south to apply a 90 or 180 degree adjustment.

You are running the Beta version - look at the scale in the plan view - you will see a little red line - that is your North Arrow - that was put in as a result of feedback we gave on the capability along with the fact that the scale bar rotates out of the view. I was not a huge fan of the UI and it is easily missed but it does tell you where N is at least.

Alan

Gotcha. I thought that might be what the red line was about but it was not super obvious. I will keep that in mind.

They should utilize the arrow that they do in 3D view. The thin red line is a very weak attempt at a solution.