Rockpile Solutions Commands for TBC v5.90

If you install TBC version 5.90, the current RPS Commands v5.80 are not compatible with v5.90 of TBC. You will find that they will not show up on the menus until we release our 5.90 package later this week (we hope). In the near term, we sent out a mailer last week recommending that you do the dual installation of TBC that is outlined in the post at the link below. This will allow you to keep v5.81 installed on your computer as a fall back to 5.90 if you hit any issues with that and will also allow you to run RPS Commands until the 5.90 package for TBC is released.

Click Here for the Dual Installation Post

The final testing of the RPS Command Library 5.90 is ongoing and we hope will be completed this week so that you can use RPS Commands with TBC v5.90.

TBC version 5.90 has updated the programming language used to create and run TMLs. The version 3 Python language has a number of changes that has caused us to rework every command in our package for this release. The Version 3 TMLs are not compatible with Version 2 TMLs. Our new installation package will detect which version you are running of TBC and install Version 2 commands in the current Macros folder for 5.81 and earlier of TBC, and will install version 3 Macros in the \MacroCommands3 folder which is new to version 5.90 of TBC.

Please note also that Trimble has also added admin security to all folders that are created by TBC. This may mean that you require admin privileges on your computer to do the initial installation of our package. Once installed, TMLStatus should still work without admin rights to keep your package up to date.

It is important to us that you receive a quality release for our tools. To that end we have waited for the final release of TBC v5.90 before completing our final round of testing to make sure that if there were any last minute changes on the Trimble side, that we catch those before releasing the update. This testing is twice the normal burden because we have to validate TBC v5.81 and Earlier and TBC v5.90 now for every command.

We appreciate your patience and expect the release to come out shortly.

Thanks

Alan

1 Like

Hello @alan.sharp do you have a timeline for when the TML package is ready for TBC v5.90?

1 Like

Working on it daily right now - hopefully by Friday this week

Alan

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Hey Alan,

Do you have any updates on the release of RPS 5.90? If there’s a need for installation and testing, I’m more than willing to help out.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Andy
We are very close to completing the 5.90 Package testing - I hope that we will have a release by tomorrow evening (Weds 21 June)

Alan

7 Likes

Any more updates on this?

1 Like

Hi Adam, we are very close to the release of these commands. We are completing testing on a few remaining items at this moment. We apologize for the delay in release of these commands - we want to make sure that we have a quality release before going live.

3 Likes

I understand this revision is requiring a ton more work than anticipated, but could we get the announcement on the main landing page (https://rockpilesolutions.com/) updated with more-current information? it’s still communicating optimism for a June 5 release, which is uncharacteristically out of date for what I’ve come to expect from Rockpile. Even if you don’t put a new date on it, at least take the June 5 date off.

Maybe you could provide a link to this specific thread for updates? This is where I’ve learned I need to come to find the latest, not sure how many of your subscribers also know to come here.

2 Likes

Apologies Stephen - I had forgotten that we put a date on our Website - I will have that fixed this am.

The release is down to the last 4 minor issues and a question over some Registry settings and how TMLStatus will be used in this first Package release.

This has been an extremely complex set of problems that Trimble created for us to solve, and we have been so focused on that and getting the release done that we have done little else for the last xx weeks.

I hope to release today - we will see if that comes to fruition.

Alan

3 Likes

I am not finding the following:
“To add the RPS Command Library to this Menu Configuration, you will need to first install our TBC v5.90 installation package. This will be made available on the Rockpile Solutions Website on June 23rd 2023.”
The website is still showing a 5.8 download
I brought in the 5.9 bin but that ruins my ribbon. Should I be waiting for the installation package? or can I expect to rebuild my ribbon?

1 Like

Nate
The update is available now on our website.

The 5.90A Menu is available on the community at this link - This installs all of the menus that contain a mix of RPS and Trimble Commands and has been updated to incorporate all of the latest Trimble Commands in the right locations (from our perspective) on the menus. That menu does not install the RPS Commands Menus - to do that run Menu Manager from the Support Menu after loading the 5.90A menu and Reset RPS Menus and then Toggle Unlicensed Off if you don’t need it.

If you have your own menus, you will find that there are some commands that got renamed (for consistency in our library) and as a result they have a new “command key”. You will need to delete the old ones from your menu and add the new versions to the menus. You can see those that are affected because they will be greyed out on your menus. To add the latest RPS Menus to your menu, load your menu, run Menu Manager from Command Pane or Tool Shed and then Reset RPS Menus - that will update your menu with our latest menus etc. You can then save your updated menu configuration.

Hope that this helps, if not please call me and I can walk you through it.

Alan

1 Like