Project Explorer Foldering

Would it be possible to create a project explorer that is similar to Window’s Explorer? As I’ve worked on some large projects that start taking a large number of files (design, as-built, pdf), I’ve thought it would be nice to be able to organize the “Imported Files” into folders that fit the project scope.

5 Likes

+1 to that, large project files are such a pain to work with. I would want this to extend to surfaces as well where you would be able to group them into folders or even their own layer groups would be nice.

1 Like

As I have moved to a new larger company from where I was previously. One thing I have learned recently is using the REFERENCE FILES. This is a bit painful yet it does cut down on file size. Keeping all my PDF in one project and my as-built for existing or for reports in another project. One thing I have been doing for a few years now is turning off saving History Log. This keep from saving your history.

2 Likes

Just wish Referenced worked better with PDFs. Supposedly they’re fixing in the next release though. We’ll see.

I’ve also started doing this, and it’s very handy and helps cut down on clutter in my working file. Though my working file can still get pretty big depending on what source (engineer) I get the design info from. I’m pulling in files from Civil3D pipe networks per utility, per phase. Then on large projects there a small sections of revisions, etc.