Profile Exaggeration

I am building a corridor project off a set of plans with no profile. The engineer has provided a CAD file with an alignment and profile in it but the profile is only a polyline. I have imported the polyline as a profile into TBC but I cannot figure out how to get the 4:1 exaggeration out of it (if there is a way). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

SCALE command, unlock X and Y axes, X axis at 1, Y axis at 0.25

2 Likes

ctrl+shift+scroll

That help?

If the above didn’t work, you could put the profile in exaggerated, then use the edit alignment as spreadsheet macro, copy-paste into excel, then use a function to correct it, then paste that new one back into the spreadsheet editor. Not the cleanest way to do it, but it should work.

Exactly what I was looking for. It amazes me the speed with which people respond. Thank you!

if you use the copy to profile command and move it to the profile view for the alignment, then you can use the scale command to scale it vertically by 0.25 and horizontally by 1. then move it to the correct station (x) and elevation (y) and then you can create a vertical alignment from it in the alignment editor - then for your HAL in properties set the VAL you just created as the Active Vertical Alignment.

Video at this link shows you how.

2 Likes