Is there a way to hotkey context menu functions?

As the title says, I am curious if anyone knows a way to hotkey items in the right click context window. I can’t find any of them listed in either the RPS hotkey manager or the TBC define shortcuts command.
Mainly interested in having binds for snaps while digitizing lines. Along line and end point are the two I find myself clicking for way more than I would like

2 Likes

I’ve searched high and low for this and the best I’ve found is: once the context menu is active (right click etc), pressing a letter or sequence of letters can get you to most of the snap options quickly. For example, when I want to use the “Offset Line” snap, I right-click, press ‘O’ and then ‘Enter’ - and I’m in offset line snap mode. If I want “Offset Segment” instead, I press the “Down” arrow key once after pressing ‘O’ and before pressing ‘Enter.’ To take things even further: I used AutoHotkey to bind hotkeys to the appropriate key sequences for the snaps I use most, and mapped those to buttons on my 12-key gaming mouse. You could use any of the various solutions out there that facilitate mapping hotkeys to key-press sequences, but note that this solution isn’t fool-proof and could fail in contexts where the right UI elements aren’t focused or the context menu options are different than expected. Perfect for tackling a one-off batch of repetive work though.

1 Like

I did not know that was a thing! Thank you very much, though I do wish there was a way to change which key commands were mapped to

1 Like

I use a Razer Naga Pro with mappable buttons, it has three side plates with different configurations of buttons. I also use a Razer keyboard which is fully customizable. Taking the time to get it all set up is worth every second. I was offsetting lines and never took my hand off my mouse and had my other one in my pocket.

1 Like

I will likely end up getting a keyboard with couple macro columns. I have been hesitant to upgrade to a mappable mechanical keyboard at work because of office noise concerns, however I think productivity is enough of an excuse.
For as much time as I have on a computer I have never been able to get my brain to actually use mouse macros besides two side buttons and a DPI shift

It took me about a week to get used to the extra mouse buttons

1 Like