Imported PDF Vectors and PDF vectors not working

Has anyone noticed when importing PDF vectors the lines are all offset from the drawings? I have had this happen on the last 3 set of drawings I’ve imported. See snippet below

I have also tried using the RPS PDF vectors on demand tool and those lines just shoot off and make no sense see snippet below. I am hoping that this is bug in the latest update or not.

I really do not want to use the takeoff lines on these due to the time consumption it takes.

Can you send me the PDF file that you are working with - I have never seen this that you are seeing

alan.sharp@rockpilesolutions.com

Alan

I just found this problem today as well.

UPDATE: Using Bluebeam Revu 2019, I was able to print the pdf again with the Bluebeam Printer, and the vector linework extraction now functions properly. I’d be curious to know if anyone has the latest Bluebeam printer installed to see if it achieves the same results. This isn’t the most practical solution for a large plan set with varied sheet sizes, but it’s a reasonable workaround.

I’m having the same issue since updating to the latest version of TBC. The vector data in the pdf files is not scaled correctly and it offset from the pdf.

Here is the response from our Trimble Dealer:
“This is not official, but we are seeing that this is a conflict that is associated with Blue Beam.” …“Anyhow, we updated our Blue Beam and then uninstalled and reinstalled TBC. It did take multiple reinstalls but ours is working correctly.”

I haven’t had a chance to test this thoroughly, but also see Alan’s input here if you want a quicker workaround: Georeferencing Sheets Created by Bluebeam