How do I "check out" an RPS license?

If I am in an area with limited internet service, how can I check out a Rockpile license?

To do this you have to have Internet access and have TBC running and have your Trimble ID logged In.

Run a Rockpile Licensed Command e.g. Takeoff Lines - each time you run a licensed command, your Off Line license is updated and will work for up to 3 days without an Internet connection. You can simulate this by having your laptop connected to the web via WiFi, do the above so that you have used your RPS license and created a Temp 3 Day License on your laptop. Now you can turn off your Wifi (Put the laptop in Airplane mode) and try running another command - it should still work. Quit TBC and restart - still working - Hell Yeah!

You don’t need to log out of Trimble ID or anything else

I do this on planes all the time - key is to remember to get your temp license going before you get on the plane - otherwise you are paying for a Top Dollar, Slow as Hell Airplane Internet Connection - been there done that and don’t want to go there again - that is what departure gates are for - to give you time to get your temp RPS license and if needed check out your TBC subscription also (if you don’t have a hardware lock)

This also works when you are driving through the mountains and want to do some TBC work with your RPS tools in the truck (hopefully while someone else is driving) and you find a gas station where they have Internet connection or where you can get a cell connection and use your Mobile Hotspot to connect - Connect to the internet, fire up TBC, open a new project, run an RPS licensed command and check out your TBC subscription, shut off your WiFi and run another RPS Command to make sure your temp license is working - and cruise through the mountains with full RPS Productivity!

Hope that this helps

Alan

2 Likes