Floor inspection report - possible workflow for this?

Hi forum!

We are using a X7 scanner and have done some scanning of a new concrete floor to see if the contractor has fulfilled what he should deliver. I know i can do a cut n fill in TBC or just use the floorinspection function in realworks (wich i have done) and that gives us a good picture of all differences. But, i would like to do this in another way because the demands. In Sweden its ok to have differences in the concrete floor when its new with +3 to -3mm and that is measured from any point on the surface 2m out in any direction. Is there a way to do a presentation with that in mind? Im thinking like doing a grid every 50cm and then present the differences 2m around that point in some way.
I have tried points to cloud report but that will only show me the closest 10 points (as shown) but i also want to know the comparisation up to 2m away from my point. Any ideas how to do this?

From what you are saying you pick a set of points e.g. on a Grid - you said every 0.5m extracted from the scan data.

You are saying that each grid point has to be within +/- 3mm of the floor elevation design model - that is easy - Face Analyzer will do that for you or points to surface command or you can do a CF Map to display that graphically as In / Out of tolerance.

I understand that this is trying to get a degree of Flatness of the surface because if a point is at -3 and the next point is at +3 and the one after that is -3 again, while all the points individually are within +/- 3mm of the design, the floor is not very flat - so it sounds like you have to do a line from the grid point to all of the other grid points around it and project that line to a distance of 2m and if any of the end points at 2m from the grid point is >3mm above the grid point the floor would fail at that point - the easiest way to see that would be to create the Grid Points and then form a surface from them and then to check all the Triangle Slopes to make sure that they are less than 3mm/2m i.e. 0.15% because if any of them are greater than that then the floor between those points is steeper than the allowable slope variation

You can use the Surface properties to show all triangles that have a slope >0.15% and less than 100% to show those areas of the floor that are out of tolerance

You cannot allow a point to be +/- 3mm to a reference point regardless of the distance from the reference point - because if a point is +3mm 1mm away from the reference point that is a 300% slope which would not be considered flat I am sure - what they are saying I think is that if you draw a line from a point to another point 2m away that defines an acceptable plane that no point can be above within that range - so testing points at a 0.5m grid can easily be done by checking the slope of surface triangles. I would do the same test with 2m points, 1m points, 0.5m points and 0.25m points and check the slopes of the triangles to identify areas of the floor that are not in spec with those parameters

Here is a Table of Max Elevation Deltas between adjacent points at different spacings in mm

In all cases the max slope cannot exceed 0.15% of a surface triangle between adjacent points otherwise your floor flatness would not be within the flatness tolerance.

Is this not what you want?

Video of the process

BAM! As always, spot on :). This is why i love TBC, its just like mathematics, there is always a way to do it you just need to now how.
Thanks Alan, this will make great presentations, the first one with 2m and if there is something not ok then it will be perfect to take a look at the results with 0.5m grid.

Thanks! have a nice weekend :).