Here is a response that I got from the Trimble team on this question Jason
Text does present some issues in Siteworks relative to SCS900 due to our changing to an open source CAD viewer in Siteworks.
But if someone just wants to have “26.65” show up and there are extra characters, not quite sure what’s going on there. Some of the bigger issues relate to MText which Siteworks does not handle all that great. So exploding stuff or turning it into single line text objects (if possible/practical) can sometimes help.
*Note: Exploding MText objects converts multiline text into one or more lines of normal text objects - this may help, however I did not see an issue in my test with the emulator on a single line of text
Best way to proceed would be to send me CAD files and screenshots of the offending sections in the file so that I can get someone to look at them and see what’s going on and then investigate a fix
In talking with Jason (for the benefit of others) he mentioned that he thinks maybe this issue may be related to text imported from CAD files that has underlining - if that is causing the issue then you can edit the text style in TBC to remove the Underlining - that may or may not update all the imported text - if it does not, you can select all of the text objects or text objects with the underline text style using normal select methods or Advanced Select methods and then change the text style from what it is set to to something else and then change it back again at which point the Text Styles will get reapplied.
Because Text Styles are used to define the properties of Text, but any property can be changed, the text style is just a reference that sets the initial properties of the text - they are not dynamically updated by a change to the Text Style automatically once you have made a change to the style.