Enhancement for - Offset Slope

It would be pretty helpful if some of the recent enhancements applied to the Crop Crossing command were also applied to the Offset Slope command.
More specifically, the show line direction/reverse and swapping options.
Example: we need to setup machine control files for slipforming dolly pads. This requires extending the slope of the pads a little (I usually use 5’). In the example below, the white lines are the elevated edges of the pad. The orange lines are the offset lines created by the Offset Slope command referencing the white lines. The benefits of the addition of the show/reverse line direction are obvious. The main enhancement would be that once you enter the info and perform the first offset, there would be only two clicks with no additional entry to produce the opposite offset. SWAP and APPLY and BAM! the second offset is created. One caveat is that if the reference lines are going in the same direction, the sign of the offset value would need to change. Obviously, if they are going in opposite directions, the sign of the offset value would stay the same.

The dolly pads are a corner case, but I sure this enhancement would be useful in other situations as well.

We will look into it - we are making a number if changes to commands as we go and will see what it will take to do this

Alan

1 Like

Thanks Alan.
My guess is that Pete and Wyn can make this happen during coffee break. :laughing:

I wish - that would be a big ass cup of coffee!

Alan

1 Like