Elevate setdowns and Copy

I carry out a lot of work involving concrete structures with multiple setdowns. Being able to apply a finished elevation to a design surface when using Identify Site Regions would eliminate having to model all the setdowns would simplify the process.

Also being able to continuously copy an item without having to enter each time with an option to rotate and elevate during the copy process.

Leith
Great comments - I will see what we can do - here are a couple of questions

If you use Identify Site Regions - the lines constraining the Site Improvement can be 2D (elevated to the design surface in the process) or 3D and they don’t have to be a closed polygon - ie a square area could be 4 lines or less not necessarily 1 closed line - so to do what you are asking we would have to create a closed polygon and set the elevation and add it to the design surface (or something similar) - however I am surebwe could come up with something.

Copy command - I want to create an RPS copy that selects a line (or lines etc.) And allows you to copy from to here here here etc. We could easily add a rotate and elevate checkbox so that you can copy to here and elevate and rotate and here Nd elevate and rotate so those controls would be available - how would you want to select the rotation angle / orientation input (are there common ways you want to align (eg align to a grid line or do you want the dynamic rotation and a handle to select the orientation etc.

The first one I need to think through some - if I understand you you want to pick the area (similar to track region) create the line at Finished Grade elevation (that you define) and then apply the site improvement for your set downs - is that a single set down distance or is it multiple layers in the Site Improvement that you want to create? The FG elevation line you want in the FG surface and the adjustment line in a second surface

Alan

Hi Alan,

Just a deflection angle would do or select a segment.

Elevation would be finished surface with material layers for concrete and base for example. The boundary lines would be categorized and go from there. Would eliminate having to model each step in formation. Could also be used in pads which sometimes have varying depths.

Leith