Corridor Alignment Offset/Delta Elevation

Quick corridor question. When I build corridor models, I like to start with a held-down alignment, so I can build the roadway to subgrade, with oversizing, then step it back up to finished grade at the shoulders / PIs. What I’ve found though is the only way to hold down the alignment, without messing up the stationing, is to manually adjust each elevation in the vertical alignment editor. I’ve tried offsetting the alignment by zero, with a delta elevation, then creating an alignment from the held down line string, but my vertical stationing gets screwed up, and the only way I’ve found to fix it is to append to the original XML alignment, which puts it back to finished grade. Copying and pasting the hold down value into each elevation box isn’t too bad when the alignment profile is made up of a few vertical curves, but gets pretty tedious when the XML I receive is composed of grade breaks every 25’. Just curious if there’s an easier way?

Create your alignment as per the design.
First instruction use an offset elev instruction to put in your hold down elev delta with a zero offset and dont add it to a material.layer - now work off that point instead of your HAL / VAL

Alan

1 Like

One project I was on I did a PGL for sub grade. It was a just because I wanted to kinda of thing. Same horizontal just add more vertical alignment.
Idea or do a RPS EDIT ALIGNMENT command. Copy > paste to excel and possible a quick minus on elevation.

1 Like