Overlay of Multiple Profiles

Is it possible to create a profile view showing multiple surfaces along the same alignment? For example: I have a proposed curb alignment that i need to see in profile view that will include the original grade, proposed gutter and proposed top of curb (varying reveal). I have all three surface models built.

I would use Create Profile Proxy command

You can check this post: Creating A Detailed Pond Profile Drawing

1 Like

Brian
If you have an alignment (if you do not have an alignment you have to create an alignment from the line you want as your reference line (you can add the line into the alignment as you create the alignment).

Once you have the alignment then you can use the Create Surface Profile command to cut a profile along the alignment of any surface that you want to add into the Profile View (however that is always cut along the path of the alignment - so would not give you what you need for the EP / TBC type lines that are left and right of the reference line.

To do that you can use the Create Profile Proxy command - that allows you to add other lines into the Profile Viewer for an alignment - that recomputes the selected line(s) into the same stationing as the reference alignment and draws them into the alignment profile View. That command is a Keyboard only command - look in command pane for Proxy and you will find it.

Alan

2 Likes