Join us this upcoming Wednesday, August 30th, at 10 AM MDT for a session on the all new CAD Cleanup Command from Rockpile.
This all new command provides a powerful solution for initial cleanup of CAD Files from engineers. Processes include:
- Finding your CAD Data easily following file import, even when it has data in widely separated locations.
- Managing & exploding multiple tiers of nested CAD blocks.
- Removing zero length lines.
- Removing unnecessary CAD drawing sheets.
- Setting objects with an elevation of “0” to undefined elevations so that they do not interfere with the 3D modeling process.
- Converting CAD Text into Multi-line Text & changing Text Styles from True Type to Stroke Fonts.
- Removing Civil 3D AEC objects that are of no use in TBC.
- Organizing imported layers into well structured layer groups based on user defined rulesets. This is especially useful when CAD files provided follow, or loosely follow, National CAD standards. Layers are also categorized automatically for Takeoff purposes in the same step.
In addition, the header bar commands give rapid access to other CAD Cleanup tools, including:
- Convert to Linestring
- Explode Solids
- Remove Duplicates
- Project Cleanup
- Name by Layer
- Name by Text
- Smart Join
This command streamlines the process of taking imported CAD files and preparing them for the Data Prep phase of Modeling & Takeoff processes. The command will transform the CAD data into well structured layer groups that facilitate simpler modeling without the need to standardize layers.
See the command in use and learn how to use it prior to its wide release!