Managing your TBC projects for optimum performance

I handle a lot of support questions annually, and a common theme that I see in comments, posts and in data sets that I receive is “my project is working or computing slowly”. When I dig into the issues, very commonly I find that people have not optimized at all for performance, and in many cases are unaware of what they could do to make their projects more efficient.

This Technical Reference Document covers a variety of things that I see commonly in projects, and gives you some options on how to do things differently, if you want to get faster and more productive.

Technical reference Document - Managing Your Data for Speed.docx (2.5 MB)

2 Likes

Graphics Card Settings: You can increase the performance of Trimble Business Center and other applications in Windows 10 with NVIDIA Graphics cards by going into the NVIDIA control panel / manage 3D settings / program settings / select TBC (or any program) and switch from the motherboard (integrated) graphics card to your more powerful NVIDIA graphics card. You can do this for all applications and should see significant speed and performance increases!

1 Like