Corridor issue in TBC

I have an odd issue. I am building a divided highway, it has a master align and two slaves. I have come up hard on a station that is creating a hole in the surface. When looking at the template instructions the PGL align (slave) for station right disappears which is creating the hole. I had initially just changed the start station of the new template up to the next full station to allow for the prior template to fill the hole. However, I find that if I change the start station of the new template by a mere tenth, everything is fine. Hole filled, life is wonderful. I have been in the alignment editor - it runs the length and is elevated. Its got me stumped.
How does an elevated, referenced line just disappear?

Is there a non-tangent bearing change in the alignment? Could you share your data so we can take a look at your issue?

don’t believe that is the case.

…removed by op…

Hey Nate,

So after looking over your corridor I would say a couple things. If you see bearing deflections that don’t occur at an arc like in the photo below.

I would typically refer to this as a non-tangent bearing change or deflection. An easy way to spot them is to just look at the Azimuths and see if there are any that are not the same as the following Azimuth, with both being a line type of segment.

If you do see this occur, than know that depending on the angle of deflection you will get overlaps and some references may break down. I would typically break this corridor at the PI station or the station of non tangent deflection and start anew with a new corridor. then I could always compile the two corridors into one at the end for quantities if need be.

Additionally I would use caution when transitioning between two corridor templates that are completely different. Different being the number of nodes on each side of centerline or a major change in shape. If I cannot handle the transition with one template; I will create a small empty template in-between to stop the software from trying to transition between the two on its own as this can generally cause issues.

Hope this helps,

I don’t have any issue with the surface as a single instruction template, it sees the alignments for their length fine which is odd…I am liking the multi-templets less and less
Right or wrong, I have found that being diligent in the “Code above” identifier usually will allow me to avoid a dead template. This is my first slave driven alignment surface, so the first time I have run into an alignment just going away. I appreciate the help and input.

Nate

…the project upload is going to go away